Introducing The Studio By Silsal
Calling all aspiring Banksys and Basquiats, Azzawis and Attars. Silsal is searching for artists and designers to collaborate with on a new series of collections.
The Studio By Silsal
Continuing our commitment to nurture and support artistic talent, Silsal is pleased to announce the launch of The Studio. Devoted to showcasing the work of emerging artists, The Studio will produce homeware collections in collaboration with ambitious creatives.
Calling all aspiring Banksys and Basquiats, Azzawis and Attars, Yayois and Yokos.
Silsal is searching for artists, illustrators and designers to collaborate with on a new series of collections, titled The Studio by Silsal.
Artwork should explore the remarkable spirit of the modern Middle East – contemporary, colorful and diverse. It will celebrate the places or people of the region: between land and sea, wild and domestic, real and imagined. Artwork can respond to any aspect of the Middle East, including its landscape, culture, people, history, environment and ecology.
Silsal is looking for a variety of diverse and imaginative concepts that are injected with energy and passion.
Selected artists will collaborate with the Silsal design team, to transform their work into a signature collection, which will be produced and sold at www.silsal.com.
Successful submissions selected for production, will receive an artist’s fee of $2,000 and collections will be named after the artist.
Applications are now open.
We welcome applications from people working in any 2D medium, including paintings, drawings, collages and mixed media. We are particularly interested in work that crosses disciplines and challenges the artist's existing practice, in addition to Silsal's current offering.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A brief description of their concept, inspiration and medium (max 300 words).
- An initial concept artwork. Please note, artwork should be original and may not contain third-party materials or intellectual property and/or stock materials, and must be free-and-clear of any and all third-party rights.
- A brief biography, including any relevant artistic achievements (max 150 words).
- A link or attachment to examples of their recent work.
- Their email address and a contact phone number.
The successful applicant will receive:
- Upon selection for production, the artist will receive an artist fee of $2,000.
- One-to-one mentoring with Silsal’s Founder and CEO, Samar Habayeb.
- Creative and logistical support from the Silsal design team.
- Promotion on Silsal's website, www.silsal.com.
- Marketing, PR and social media promotion.
- Open to all ages, genders and nationalities.
- Open to artists residing in all the countries of the world.
- Upon receiving submissions, Silsal's expert panel will review applications and artwork.
- If artwork is being considered, entrants will be contacted by Silsal’s design team.
Please send submissions to email@example.com.